The Gifting Marketplace/Gift Marketing Alliance recognizes that businesses can have a negative impact on the environment. We are committed, and enjoy, finding ways in which we can reduce the impact of our work both in the office and when work takes us away from the office.
It is our policy to:
- Recycle as much waste material as possible
- Avoid the use of paper wherever possible. For example, sending invoices and quotes via Freshbooks.
- Offering products for sale that we are no longer designing into our gift baskets.
- Keep energy usage low. We power down all equipment that is not in use, use highly efficient lighting systems and are conservative with the use of our heater and air conditioning.
- Reuse waste paper.
- Purchase products made with recycled paper.
- Purchase products with a lower environmental impact.
- Avoid unnecessary travel by making use of instant messaging, video and audio conferencing, telephone and email.
- Use recycled materials for shipping.
- We provide education to our team on how to become a greener contributor to the environment. For more information and ideas, please visit the SBA.